Saturday, December 29, 2012

Science Night

I hope all that had the opportunity to come to Science Night enjoyed learning some new things about Science!!!


I had fun at my station which was Sink or Float?


Students were able to examine different types of rocks with a magnifying glass,



  predict if the physical properties of the rock would allow the rock to sink or float, and then test out their hypothesis.

 
 


 After trying many rocks, they came to one conclusion: the less dense rocks float. Most rocks are very dense which is why most rocks do not float.

We only had one rock that did float!


As the night went on, that one rock above became water-logged and didn't float much. I kept going to the drying in the bathroom to help the rock out. Eventually, none of the rocks floated. :)

If you were not able to make it to Science Night this year, I encourage you to attend next year. All who came, appeared to have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment