Saturday, November 26, 2011

If I Were President....

The last couple of weeks we have been learning about our United States government - Congress, Constitution, Supreme Court, and the President.

Below are some laws for the schools that your students would make as president: ENJOY!!

If I were President of the United States:

"There would be no yelling, no fighting, and no running in the hallway."

"I would make a water fountain in the classroom."

"If you get into trouble, you will get kicked out of school or go to a behavior school."

"I would add more playground equipment."

"I would make sure everyone treats their class with respect, respect their teacher, and no fighting."

"I would have everyone watch a movie while eating lunch, let students bring their pet to school, and have FUN FRIDAYS more frequently (more days of the week - see pictures below as to why they like this so much).

All were voted on by our class congress as  YAY!


FUN FRIDAY CREATIONS





Laws VETOED BY our class congress:

"I would make everyone pay money to me (a student).

"I would make lemonade stands and everyone would have to drink lemonade."

"If you get into trouble, you just get into trouble."

Law that was amended:

"Every citizen will have to play soccer everyday."

***After much deliberation between our class congress, this law was amended to:

"Every citizen must exercise every day for 1 hour."

I am pretty sure everyone had a great time making new laws for our schools and acting as president.

No comments:

Post a Comment